Tuesday, September 22, 2009

1st & 2nd day Of Hari Raya 2009


   "kriiiing" 'Kriiing" goes my alarm clock at 7 a.m on the first day of hari raya. It was quite odd because usually i would feel stuffed, but then felt hungry and i realized that the fasting month was over. I was excited to get on with my day, cause i know i can eat non-stop all day. The routine was the same for the past years on the first day of raya, i get up in the morning and get ready to go to the mosque to perform the Raya prayer.   Then after i had finish the Raya prayer,  i went back home, and have my first breakfast in a month. I had chicken rendang, lemang and nasi impit, and it was damn delicious. I never felt so thankful for quite some time, i guess this year's festive season is different from the previous ones. 
     
   After breakfast, me and my family headed to teluk panglima garang ( its somewhere in klang or further) to visit my late grandparent's grave, we have done it year after year without fail.   The festive begins as soon as we arrived at the first house. Its also somewhere in klang and its my mom's step mom's house, i think. We did the usual stuff, talk, eat, gossiping etc. This also goes on to the other houses that we visited. Well all we did was mostly talk, gossip about people and such, its also kinda like a tradition that will never break.
   The second day was a hectic day. Me and my whole family went to The historic city of Malacca. I have a grand uncle who has been living there for quite sometime. The trip from my house to malacca was suppose to be 3 hours, but because of the traffic congestion, we arrived 2 hours after the eta time. We were tired, frustrated, i was arguing wit my sis in the car, and it was only just the beginning of the trip. Thankfully everything was ok when we got there, we had lunch and rested for a while.
   Then, we went to visit another relative's house, it was my mom's uncle, i guess. As usual, we talked alot, gossip about people and eat. what else is there to do when we visit people eh?. Then we had trouble finding our way around for dinner. At first we wanted to eat at a seafood restaurant at the Portuguese settlement, but we got lost in directions, we went around in circles, we even pass by the eye of malaysia ( the damn big ferris wheel). In the end we decided to eat at a nyonya restaurant at the equatorial hotel. Well i guess this year's raya is not that bad after all.

    

2 comments: